I wanted to move away from the default Word Press theme and move toward something a little more customized. Initially I started with a blank sandbox theme, but I quickly realized that trying to build a theme from scratch is much more difficult, frustrating, and time-consuming than trying to adapt the existing theme to my design (and maybe vice versa). I ended up just tweaking the default theme to meet my needs. More tweaks will definitely follow, hopefully along with more posting activity. I’ve got a few ideas for some tutorials and code examples in the works.
About MeHi, I’m Rob McColl. I’m interested in large-scale web applications, practical applied cryptographic systems, high performance computing architectures, parallel computing, exascale computing, and HPC applications (specifically graph theory apps). I live in the Virginia Highlands neighborhood of Atlanta with my beautiful and intelligent wife Jean (she's the one on the right) and our mischievous little Westie Baxter (he's the one in all the Instagram photos). I like music, movies, TV, photography, programming, games, dogs, the outdoors, and jogging when I get around to it.
TagsADAMS android apps Atlanta backup bash C code Engadget facebook graphs Hack a Day hipster ifttt IKEA Hackers Instagram Java Lifehacker Linux Mac Obscure Sound - Indie Music Blog PHD Comics programming Python rsync Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (updated daily) Scala Shared from Reader SMISC status updates STINGER SWIG sync TechHowTos theme tweet tweets twitter unison Unix weather wordpress xkcd.com